Easy Fast Way to Remove Plasti Dip From Wheels Written By Boston Wittleen Tuesday, October 4, 2022 Add Comment Edit Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here" Joined: Dec 8, 2009 Member: #27235 Messages: 4,525 Gender: Male First Name: Jason Colorado Springs Vehicle: 2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me), I plasti dipped my wheels about a year ago and as you fellow dippers know, it does not come off as easily as they make it look on YouTube. I found an extremely easy way to remove the dip from your wheels. Go to autozone and get the biggest can of wd40 you can buy. Spray liberally on your dipped area and wait about 5 minutes. Then wipe off with a rag! It's as simple as that. The wd40 turns the old plasti dip into melted butter without damaging any paint, clear coat, rubber or plastics. (Just make sure to remove all wd40 residue to be safe) You can speed up this process by using a pressure washer to remove the wd40'd dip instead of a rag. This is what I did as well as a rag. Just BE CAREFUL not to get a lot of wd40 on your brakes and calipers. I don't know about you, but I like to stop! Happy dipping! Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here" Joined: Dec 8, 2009 Member: #27235 Messages: 4,525 Gender: Male First Name: Jason Colorado Springs Vehicle: 2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me), akaryanreynolds STRIKER TRD Joined: Jul 31, 2012 Member: #83823 Messages: 524 Gender: Male First Name: Ryan Los Angeles Vehicle: 2012 DCLB MGM TRD Sport 4x4 Debadged, Tint, Euro Antenna, OEM Roofracks, OEM skid plate, SMD LED interior lighting, AFE ProDry Drop-in, FX-R 6000K headlights w XB halos, VHT taillights, Fog light mod, Flyzeye V2W, T-Rex T1 Eyelids by Toyota Man, King 2.5 resis Front and Back, Devil Horns by Andres, Redline Hood Struts, PIAA 2500K H11 Fog Bulbs, Escort 9500ix, Ultra Gauge, Cobra 75 WXST, Firestik II w/ Quick Disconnect & Spring Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here" Joined: Dec 8, 2009 Member: #27235 Messages: 4,525 Gender: Male First Name: Jason Colorado Springs Vehicle: 2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me), Sweet, thanks for the info!! + Khaos Big Member Joined: Feb 4, 2008 Member: #4570 Messages: 6,454 Gender: Male First Name: Bryant Jacksonville, Florida Vehicle: 2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner 3" spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers Tried this last night to remove some overspray on my front bumper and behind the driver rear wheel from doing the bumper. As it wasn't a full coat, just flecks of overspray, I couldn't just peel it off. WD40 works. It makes plasti dip its bitch. I sprayed a little on the paint and some on a paper towel and it wiped right off like dirt. It was awesome. sodoscott Well-Known Member Joined: Feb 7, 2013 Member: #96997 Messages: 334 Gender: Male south california Vehicle: 2006 tacoma trd off road mid-travel kingshocks, total chaos kills4kiks Well-Known Member Joined: May 25, 2011 Member: #57239 Messages: 48 Gender: Male First Name: Adam CALI Vehicle: 05 PreRunner SR5 murdered out, Halo H.I.D. Head lights, Icon coilovers, aal, pro comp 3000 struts, powder coated rims, Hella Black Magics Just tired using WD-40 to remove Plasti-Dip... Works amazing !!! Crainjo Active Member Joined: Jan 19, 2013 Member: #95587 Messages: 33 Gender: Male Vehicle: Crew Cab SR5 4x4 Turtle wax label and sticker remover worked for me great today. Dipped the badges and front emblem on my tacoma this afternoon and had one thin spray next to the tape line. Sprayed some on and it wiped off in seconds. Has orange oil in it I think. robertman I am what I am and Thats all that I am Joined: Sep 10, 2014 Member: #138037 Messages: 37 Gender: Male First Name: Robert Arizona Vehicle: TRD Offroad pre runner Maxtrac spindles with billstein 5100's at 2nd notch and allpro UCA in the front and allpro expo and fox ifp'so in the rear , sitting on 285/70 17 toyo open country at2 that are wrapped around 17x8 motto metal 970's needed this to correct mistake I made, thank you ThunderOne Well-Known Member Joined: May 20, 2009 Member: #17473 Messages: 9,946 First Name: Mitchell Nashville Vehicle: 1ST GEN OR GTFO Toyota NERD Goo gone works better I tried both. Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here" Joined: Dec 8, 2009 Member: #27235 Messages: 4,525 Gender: Male First Name: Jason Colorado Springs Vehicle: 2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me), I tried goo gone but didn't work better for me. Try both and do whatever works better for you DezTaco Well-Known Member Joined: Jan 20, 2013 Member: #95633 Messages: 50 Gender: Male First Name: Zach San Diego Vehicle: 06 Tacoma TRD Off Road smart thinking thanks for the info! Clearwater Bill Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see. Joined: Oct 11, 2014 Member: #140097 Messages: 19,670 Gender: Male First Name: Billy Largo Florida Vehicle: '13 5 lug base AC w/convenience package A few OE parts from fancy trucks slight highjack............ Your location says Colorado. What part of Colorado has palm trees? Where did you get those tailights man? Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here" Joined: Dec 8, 2009 Member: #27235 Messages: 4,525 Gender: Male First Name: Jason Colorado Springs Vehicle: 2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me), To be honest, I don't remember. It was like 2-3 years ago Wheelspinner Coco Customs Joined: Jul 6, 2013 Member: #107741 Messages: 4,351 Gender: Male First Name: Steve Northern NJ Vehicle: '13 4x4x4cyl Amazon. I believe there made by depo. There the same ones I have. Products Discussed in bondgrout1991.blogspot.com Source: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/easiest-plasti-dip-removal.252092/ Share this post
I plasti dipped my wheels about a year ago and as you fellow dippers know, it does not come off as easily as they make it look on YouTube. I found an extremely easy way to remove the dip from your wheels. Go to autozone and get the biggest can of wd40 you can buy. Spray liberally on your dipped area and wait about 5 minutes. Then wipe off with a rag! It's as simple as that. The wd40 turns the old plasti dip into melted butter without damaging any paint, clear coat, rubber or plastics. (Just make sure to remove all wd40 residue to be safe) You can speed up this process by using a pressure washer to remove the wd40'd dip instead of a rag. This is what I did as well as a rag. Just BE CAREFUL not to get a lot of wd40 on your brakes and calipers. I don't know about you, but I like to stop! Happy dipping!
Tried this last night to remove some overspray on my front bumper and behind the driver rear wheel from doing the bumper. As it wasn't a full coat, just flecks of overspray, I couldn't just peel it off. WD40 works. It makes plasti dip its bitch. I sprayed a little on the paint and some on a paper towel and it wiped right off like dirt. It was awesome.
Turtle wax label and sticker remover worked for me great today. Dipped the badges and front emblem on my tacoma this afternoon and had one thin spray next to the tape line. Sprayed some on and it wiped off in seconds. Has orange oil in it I think.
0 Response to "Easy Fast Way to Remove Plasti Dip From Wheels"
Post a Comment